Well another year is coming to end and this year according to the Chinese zodiac sign was the year of the Snake. The year of the Snake is my year and boy it was a big roller coaster ride for me, but I feel like it taught me many valuable lessons and it made me wiser. The beginning of a new year should not be the only time you set goals for yourself, it should be a daily routine. However, for most of us a new year is a opportunity to start fresh and move forward.
Last year I wrote a blog post on my old blog website, which was about my 2013 New Years Resolutions. Last year was the first year I was committed to make huge changes and make my New Years Resolutions a reality. In case you are curious, these are my 2013 resolutions, I will bold the ones I have accomplished.
- Work out for at least 45 minutes.
- Try to eat healthier and stay away from sweets.
- Go to bed earlier, instead of staying up until late at night.
- Find a job.
- Participate in extra curricular activities i.e. dance classes.
- Spend less and save more.
- Learn to relax better and deal with daily stressors.
I am proud to say I have accomplish 4/7 of my 2013 New Years Resolutions! I have finally begun eating healthier, I am interested in eating more vegetables, fruits and organic food. In addition, I am doing Pilates exercises for an hour every day, thanks to a great YouTube channel called, Blogilates. The owner of this channel is Cassey Ho and she is a professional Pilates instructor, she releases a monthly workout calendar on her website. I am not going to talk about fitness now, but in another special blog post I am planning to write in January.
I am a night owl, so going to bed early is a difficult task for me. However, ever since I got a job this year, I have to go to bed very early. I am happy I fulfilled this New Years Resolution because staying up past midnight all the time is not healthy for the body. As for the resolutions I did not accomplish, I am planning to continue working on them in 2014. So I present to you my 2014 New Years Resolutions.
- Participate in dance classes. I began dancing when I was 10 years old and now I want to continue dancing again. This year I will not stall and I will finally do it.
- Spend less and save more. I am a huge shopaholic, so when there are stores around me, I have the sudden urge to go and buy something. I think I need intervention haha, but this year I am planning to create a budget sheet. This will be the best way to organize my finances.
- Relax more and cope better with daily stressors. We all deal with daily stressors, whether it is stressors at work, with relationships and other. I want to learn how to deal with them better, that’s why I have become interested in meditation and pamper days. Pamper days is like having a spa day in my own bathroom, it is a lot of fun and I usually do it on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Learn how to play a guitar. My birthday is on February 6 and a gift I’m planning to give to myself is a guitar. I have wanted to play a guitar since I was 6 years old. This will be the year that I will finally do it, but first I have to learn how to read music.
- Learn Japanese! I am a very cultural person and I want to learn many languages, but I specifically want to start with Japanese. I am very fond of the culture and history of this country.
- Write more album review posts.
- Start my own YouTube channel. I am a bit skeptical about this one, it is a bit nerve wrecking to put myself out there on the Internet, but maybe this year I’ll finally have the courage to do it.
- Cook more. At the beginning of 2013 I was cooking a lot, but then I suddenly stopped, so I want to get started again and cook many healthy dishes.
- Start running. I’ve never been a good runner, I always came in last in gym class, but since I am working out daily, I think I might be better.
This sums up all of the resolutions I have for 2014, it seems like it will be a very busy year for me, but I am super excited. As I said at the beginning of this post, setting goals for yourself should be a daily thing. We all have one life to live and we have to make the best of it. Don’t wait around to do the things you want to do and if you feel like no one believes in you, I DO. Make 2014 your year and don’t let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do. Show the world how amazing you can be and stop belittling yourself if you are thinking in a negative way.
Love you all and thank you for the endless support on this blog. I promise to keep up with my regular blogging and please feel free to request any posts you want to see on this blog in 2014.
I will end this 2013 blog post with a 2013 music mashup video from Dj Earworm!
See you in 2014!