We all know Monday is the toughest and most hated day of the week, it is hard for us to get back into work mode and feel motivated. I’ve been there and all of you have been in the same boat, but Mondays do not have to be so bad. According to a poll completed by 340,000 people, US researchers have found that people’s moods were no worse on Mondays than other working days and of course Friday is excluded. We all eagerly wait for Friday and the weekend to relax and unwind after a long week, but other days of the week do not have to dreadful.
That’s why I want to share with you way to cure your Monday blues and have a better and happier start to the week. Let’s get started!
1. Go to bed early. Mondays will feel even worse if you wake up feeling sleep deprived and the day will not be pleasant. Doctors recommended to get up to 8 hours of sleep in order to feel well rested.
2. Fuel Up For The Day. According to studies, people who eat breakfast tend to have better moods and you need a better mood on Mondays and at any day of the week. Your body needs all of the energy it can get in the morning, so you can feel strong and alert until lunch time. Like me, some of you may not be breakfast people and skip breakfast on a regular basis. Instead of eating a big breakfast, start with something small and healthy. For example, making a breakfast protein smoothie the night before, taking a a granola bar, a fruit parfait and taking a banana or an apple. These are a few of my healthy breakfast options, I will write a more in-depth post is breakfast ideas soon.
3. Prepare Everything The Night Before. Rushing in the morning is not fun and I am guilty of not organizing my stuff in time, but I’ve learned my lesson. The night before prepare your lunch, breakfast and snacks you will take to work or school, if you want to save money. In addition, rummage through your closet and pick out your outfit ahead of time, picking out an outfit takes a long time (for me at least). Plan your time well and you will not feel stressed out in the morning.
4. Stretch. Wake up your body by doing a few stretches, stretches help improve the blood circulation. Simple yoga stretches are all you need and doing them no more than 2-3 minutes.
5. Listening To Upbeat Tunes. This one is optional, but whenever I listen to upbeat music I feel pumped up and ready to get out of bed. Give it a shot and maybe it will work for you too.
6. Smile. Yes, you heard me! It is said that smiling produces endorphins that improve your mood. Even if the smile is fake, it still work the same when you genuinely smile.
7. Look Forward To Something. Mondays will be much better if you had something to look forward to, for example your favorite TV show, making your favorite food, having a pamper night after a long day.
I hope you found these tips helpful and think of Mondays as a fresh start! Now go out and conquer because you know you are awesome 🙂