Welcome back to Lifestyle Sundays! Have any of you read the book “Book of Awesome” by Neil Pasricha? If you haven’t, it is a book you should own in your book collection. Neil Pasricha shares with us a lengthy list of life’s simple pleasures. A few examples of these simple pleasures from the book are staring out at calm water, perfectly toasted toast, the first scoop out of a jar of peanut butter and the list goes on and on.
We live in a fast paced environment, bombarded with many responsibilities and worries. This makes us forget how lucky we were to have certain things in our lives and how these simple pleasures do make a difference. I have got to say I am guilty of forgetting these simple things because I feel overwhelmed by life’s daily tasks. I certainly hope I’m not the only one who feels this way. So one day when I was walking home from work, I got an idea to write my own version of Neil Pasricha’s book as a blog post. I will be sharing a few of the little things in life that make me happy and hopefully some of you are going to relate.
Let’s get started.
1. The smell of freshly cut grass. I love it because it smells fresh, I definitely need this kind of scented candle.
2. Waiting in line for a long time and then someone decides to leave. I am not the most patient person and I hate waiting in line for a long time, so when someone decides to leave I immediately think “Yesss, I’m one step closer to the finish line”.
3. Drinking water on a hot summer day. I get dehydrated very quickly when it’s hot outside and that first drop water in my mouth makes me feel so relieved.
4. Jumping into bed after a long day. Ahh, that moment when you take a shower, put on your pjs and jump into bed is the best. I love to hug my pillow, get a good book, relax and eventually fall asleep.
5. Flipping through the channels and seeing your favorite movie on TV. I get so excited when that happens, especially when it’s an old favorite movie. For example, one day I came across “The Parent Trap” (1998) and it is one my favorite childhood movies.
6. The sound of rain falling on your window. It’s evening time and you are getting ready for bed, while you are getting ready you hear rain drops falling on your window. You get in bed and just listen to the rain, before you know it you are fast asleep. I love rain♡
7. Getting home before your phone battery dies. Alright, this one is very important guys because I need to listen to music while I’m outside. On those days when my phone battery dies after I get home is my lucky day.
8. When you smile at someone and they smile back. I like to smile when I see people and when they smile back, it makes my day.
9. When you are in line to pay for your groceries and someone offers you to go ahead of them. That usually happens when I have less items than the other person, nevertheless it is a nice gesture to let me pass before them.
10. Food samples at COSTCO. Oh come on, don’t tell me I’m the only who loves those? A week ago I went to COSTCO and had a bunch of their samples, it’s nice to have a snack while you shop.
11. Catching the bus on time. I have to rush in the morning to get to my bus because I have a hard time getting out of bed, so sometimes I miss it. However, those days when I manage to get to the bus stop two minutes before it comes is a good start to my day.
12. Coming to an air conditioned home after a hot summer day. I don’t hate summer, but I hate the heat wave that comes with it. Luckily, I get the chance to cool off at home with the AC. Thank God, for air conditioners 🙂
13. Getting your food order faster than you expected. When I’m hungry the only thing on my mind is to get my food as fast as possible. I love it when I get my food is brought t to me quickly.
14. Hearing the birds chirping in the morning. Hearing those little guys sing is music to my ears.
15. The moment the movie starts in the movie theater. Finally the other movie trailers are over and it is time for the movie you’ve been waiting for to begin.
16. The smell of books. Ok so this one was listed in Neil Pasricha’s book, but I definitely relate to this point. I love the smell of a book when you open it for the first time.
17. The first cherry blossom tree of the year. Growing up, my favorite part about Spring has always been the cherry blossom trees. They are so beautiful, I can’t help but get excited every year when I see the first cherry blossom tree of Spring.
18. The smell of BBQ. That mouth watering smell is the best, I love BBQ because it bring people together to enjoy each others company while eating good food.
19. Hearing your favorite song at a store. I was at the grocery store recently and I heard one of my favorite songs, let’s just say I was jamming out a little bit.
20. Lazy Days. Who doesn’t love lazy days? Lounging around in your pjs and not worrying about being somewhere later on in the day. I turn those kind of days into a pamper day and relax.
21. Popping bubble wrap. As a child I used to love popping bubble wrap and to this day I still have the habit of doing this.
22. Doing your winger eyeliner perfectly. Let me tell you, it is a big struggle, but on days when I actually do it right I feel relieved.
23. Finding your favorite item on sale. I love a good bargain, so when I find an item I want and it is already on sale, I am a happy girl.
24. The moment a concert begin. The moment you’ve been waiting for since buying the tickets, seeing your favorite musician finally go on stage. Best feeling ever.
25. The feeling of sand on your feet. Going to the beach is always fun, playing beach volleyball and running bare foot on the warm sand is awesome.
26. Big crowds enjoying music festivals together. Music does bring people together and it wonderful to see that. Last year I went a festival and there was a violist by name of Dr. Draw, people were dancing together and having fun. It was lovely sight and I want to see it often.
27. Getting a haircut and walking out of the hair-salon feeling like a star. A new hairdo puts smile on my face and I mean come on, your hair being that perfect can only happen after going to the salon (for me at least) haha.
28. Stargazing. I don’t think many people do this, but stargazing is a nice to clear your mind when you don’t want to think anything else.
29. Long walks at the park. I love going for a walk at the park, enjoying the weather and nature.
30. My followers. I appreciate each and everyone of you! You guys inspire me, make me smile and your kind comments light up my day. Thank you 🙂
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this blog post, if you did, please click on the like button 🙂
See you tomorrow for Music Monday!