Today is Madonna’s birthday and in her honor I decided to share with you my Top 5 Favorite Madonna Music Videos. Growing up my mom used to play a lot of Madonna music and I basically grew up listening to her music. There will be a lot of amazing songs that will not make it on this list, but keep in mind that it is a very short list. These are songs that I love the most and I felt the need to share them you all. Now it is time to take a trip down memory lane!
Enjoy and happy listening!
1. Papa Don’t Preach. This song is a classic and it was a tremendous success! The single was released on June 11, 1986 and it debuted as number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
2. Cherish. This song bring a sweet memory of me and my mom dancing to it and laughing. I loved the music videos and the “mermaids” in it as well, it gave me a happy vibe. The song was released on August 1, 1989 and it became her 16th consecutive top five single on the Billboard Hot 100.
3. Like a Prayer. I always describe this song as emotional and powerful, I get goosebumps whenever I listen to it. This is also one of Madonna’s iconic songs, the elements of gospel music and pop music is pleasing to the ears (for me at least). It debuted as number one in many countries and the music video is like you are watching a movie. Very entertaining!
4. La Isla Bonita. There is one thing I liked about this music video when I was growing up, Madonna’s dress!!! It is the most beautiful dress I’ve ever seen, but let’s get back to the song. The Spanish inspired music video was very well done, the single debuted as number one in a few countries. I love the simplicity of the music video, I wish music videos were like this nowadays.
5. Frozen. I remember the day as if it was yesterday when the music video debuted on MTV. My first thoughts were, “Wow Madonna looks so different, I like this new image”. The best way to describe this music video is eerie! The single debuted as number two on the Billboard Hot 100, to this day this is my most favorite Madonna music video.
I hope you enjoyed this post, please share with me your favorite Madonna song 🙂
See you soon!