Happy New Year to all of my readers and anyone new to my blog. I hope 2018 is the year where everything you wish for comes true, I hope it’s healthy, happy and positive.
I would like to introduce to you a January segment I have created, that I call Self Care January. During this month, I will be writing inspirational content to inspire people to engage in self-care and positivity. I am also doing this in hopes of inspiring myself to continue positive thinking. If you read my previous post, then you know 2017 was a very challenging year for me. However, I hope that I can apply what I learned in 2017 and apply it in 2018. I am someone who has a hard time letting go of the past and forgiving anyone who has hurt me. This year I want to fully apply what I’ve learned and finally let go of things that make me unhappy.
This year is special because I am turning 29 years old and it will be my last year in my 20s. My youth is over! Haha, just kidding, but it does feel like the end of an era. I want to make sure I end my 20s in an epic way, this year I want to do things that I’ve never done. I also want to make my goals become a reality.
So in today’s post, I will talk about my goals and what I want to do before I turn 30 years old.
My goals are very simple this year, so I’ll keep them short and sweet.
- I want to get a job in the arts and culture field, specifically working in marketing. I am going through a career change and making my dream a reality would lift a huge weight off my shoulders.
- I want to reach 1k followers on my photography Instagram. My photography Instagram is like side hustle to earn some extra cash, but also to express myself creatively. How do I go about making my goal a reality? Simple. Promote my work more, step up my game with editing and collaborate with more photographers in the city.
- Going back to my first goal, getting a job in the arts is challenging. Even though I’m a university graduate, I do not have a degree in the arts. Which puts me at a disadvantage when I am applying for jobs. That’s why I would like to get a summer internship job to network with people and hopefully get my dream. I am currently employed and luckily my job allows me to have the summer off. I guess there is one positive thing about my current employment.
- Improve my dancing skills, I am someone who loves to perform and I recently enrolled in a dance studio. I would like to work more and eventually perform on stage. I don’t say this often, but I am born to be on stage or in front of a camera. My soul craves it. I was always part of school plays and concerts, I love the feeling of being on stage.
- Go back to doing yoga. I used to go to yoga class every week, but I suddenly stopped last year. I would love to go back and work on my flexibility and get some exercise.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. When I say this, I am talking about food. Last year I had chronic issues with my health and it forced me to make some drastic changes with my diet. I can’t go back to eating some foods I used to eat, but that ok because I rather am healthy. Health is irreplaceable.
These are my goals for 2018, now let’s dive into what I want to do before I turn 30.
- Get a second piercing ear piercing
- Dye my hair blue, or maybe part of my hair.
- Finally, do the Edge Walk on top of the CN Tower.
- Travel solo, because I feel like everyone needs to try it once in their life or more than once.
- Go to an EDM festival and dress up really crazy. You only live once, so why not.
- Go on a helicopter tour around the city.
- Go on the boat ride at Niagara Falls.
- Try out a new fashion style that’s completely out of my comfort zone.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty in New York.
- Perform on stage.
- Try to get a commercial acting gig.
- Go skydiving. Ok, I’m still not 100% sure about this one but I am willing to give it a try.
- Attending an actual cooking class with a friend.
- Go to the trampoline park. I just want to feel like a kid again with not a care in the world.
- Go camping.
- Go horseback riding, I really, really want to make this happen in 2018.
- Travel to Tokyo or somewhere tropical. I always make sure I travel somewhere once a year.
I think these are the things I want to do before I turn 30 years old, there are more I want to add. However, they are a bit person to post on my blog so I will write them in my journal instead.
The next post I will publish as part of my Self Care January series is about health and nutrition.
See you soon and let’s make the first month of 2018 positive and happy!